Tuesday 13 August 2013

Olé !

We'd gone and bought tickets for some local hop to be held in our village hall - the kind of occasion where everyone goes, the long and the short and the tall; the young and the old and the fit and the lame - all welcomed, and everyone treated the same... 
But Ada and Caddoc, I'm certain you've guessed, would add their own spice to the mix- "We'll dress in our Spanish-type costumes. We can dance a wild tango, for kicks!" Caddoc cringed at the thought of the spangles and lace, but manfully plastered a grin on his face.
" Beloved, I'll follow you where'er you lead, but I beg you to keep it polite, for tango's, if danced with abandon, can be a right turn on. All right?" 
" Caddoc", cried Ada, " Just finish your drink - sometimes it's best that you don't stop to think!"

Written for the Mag 181, with thanks to Tess and apologies to Toulouse-Lautrec .

14 comments:

  1. As long as his grin is the only thing that's plastered? Go for those high kicks, Ada! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada knows exactly what she is doing, where she wants to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada and Caddoc - the Bee's Knees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the rhythm and internal rhyme in here

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, as you chose not to show my comment on your blog, so I've chosen not to show yours on mine...

      Delete
  6. I must say, Toulouse did right by you! All style and grace..what a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say that Ada looks quite fetching in that getup. Sorry, Caddoc. I suspect that it is not good to encourage her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah , the inappropriate village hall flamenco couple !

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh hahahah I love how you snuck a pair of glasses onto her face! hee hee! Ole indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photoshop job. Uncanny resemblance of you both, Ha Ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! What a fan-tango-est Mag! And the picture edited brilliantly......☺♥☺

    ( I'd have 'borrowed' it for my Artsy Insult sidebar pic - but it's too genius!! )

    ReplyDelete