Sunday 28 July 2013

Night Rider

And Tess has once again tempted us to write a tall tale for her Mag... which follows on from the previous nightmare saga which you will find  here.

Caddoc Goes Solo

 

After breakfast Caddoc said, "Dearest, I'll be in my shed, beavering, for quite a while. My new plan's sure to make you smile!" Though Ada smiled, her smile was grim. "Now what mad scheme's got into him? Last week he put me on his bike, but what came next I did not like - chasing robbers in the buff  to reclaim all our biking stuff. So what's he up to now, my Cad; something more than half-way mad?"

Caddoc had reappeared by noon with many more than one balloon blown up with gas lighter than air. Cried he, "Come see, my dearest fair! We'll lift our little car aloft - " Said she  "Now you've gone really soft!"  "Not so!" said Cad "for up so high, no robbers will be speeding by.  We'll not lose helmets, leggings, boots, and be left in our Birthday Suits! We'll paraglide to Colwyn Bay. The wind will take us all the way."

She fixed him with an Ada stare. "Your off your trolley, I declare. You're on your own! I've had enough," so Caddoc took off in a huff. "I'll ride the skies, alone and free. A wild, Welsh airman I will be."  
He should have heeded what she said. Better - he should have stayed in bed and not let air dreams fill his head,  for his landing wrecked his garden shed!

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. See my reply to Helen's comment.

      Delete
    2. Thinks:- In fact, isn't Caddoc always an 'eager beaver'? (i.e. Someone who is very enthusiastic; someone who works very hard...)

      Delete
  2. Gives a whole different meaning to the term, "full moon."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor shed, but what a delightful ride getting there! Happens when one goes off their trolley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful story...especially enjoyed how it ended...chuckle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear lost his shed!- too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Ha! Once a shed always a shed, on to another shed indeed! Thanks for my morning laugh! I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I assume 'beavering' means working hard? Otherwise, I'm going to go in another direction entirely .. much like crashing on your shed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Helen. "Beavering' in the UK mean exactly that.

      Delete
  8. Like Charlie Bucket sans grandparents !

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a busy beaver..I think that is how I've heard the expression just means you are very busy as beavers are always busy building their damns. I enjoyed your story full of wit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Air dreams are good!! But Ada sort of wins again...I'm with you...go, go....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Methinks I am detecting a running theme here... No, don't tell me. I'll figure it out...or not.

    ReplyDelete
  13. obviously Caddoc did not have enough hot air to make a safe journey! Have a softer landing today!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol.........oh, my! I'm amazed the plots you come up with each week! Hope they live forever!.......btw I knew the UK 'beaver'. What else could it possibly have meant.....*ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha

    chuckling at Helena's coment...and at your quite amusing poem.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, a different direction from mine indeed. I had to use the car and tell my story, and also keep to my blog theme. I loved yours. Glad I followed you back.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hilarious Trellis! Got to be careful. Going up is easy but not so coming down! Great!


    Hank

    ReplyDelete