Sunday 12 May 2013

Ciggy Saga

On  holiday in Clacton, Trell saw this awesome pair in a photo in a junk shop, and he had to stop and stare at the most uncanny likeness...
( Cad and Ada, I declare! BUT – cigarettes? Good Heavens, that surely could not be – what could be their story? We’ll have to wait and see!)
It's really very simple. They're now both clapped out wrecks.  "'Cos smoking," argues Ada, "is an antidote to sex. "
(Pass the Woodbines, pet . . . )
But Caddoc knows that Ada knows that Caddoc is no fool.  And Caddoc knows in Clacton boarding houses it's the rule to avoid unwonted loss of life when fire disaster looms -
"ALL GUESTS AT ALL TIMES MUST REFRAIN FROM SMOKING IN THEIR ROOMS!"

Many thanks for sparking this off, Tess, with your choice of Togan Gokbakar's photo for the Mag 168

14 comments:

  1. An antidote to sex? To paraphrase Lauren Bacall, you just put your lips together and blow. Great response to the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that photo...... Bleeding bizarre

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL! LMAO! And more besides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. with the Doc on this..def ROFL..the photo is brilliant..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! Who could have guessed that Cad and Ada had Doppelgangers? Do you think they might be related? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is outrageously funny .... if you look closely, the gal is holding a cigar between those fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question- Do you smoke after sex?
    Answer- I don't know, I never look!
    You make it easy to laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I declare ! how often I couldn't smoke in some room, YIKES glad I finally gave it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever and inventive response to the prompt...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cad and Ada, always guaranteed to produce a spark or two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. certainly not a soggy saga! Very entertaining- as always! Have a splendid day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely hilarious! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wondered what you'd do with this one...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I can say is that they both look constipated!

    ReplyDelete