Thursday 10 May 2012

Where's Michael When You Need Him?


Thanks to my buddy Caddoc, two prompts were brought to my attention today, The Mag, with its photo by R A D Stainforth, and IGWRT with its Sunday Challenge to write a Florette. Here I attempt to kill two birds with one stone...
N.B. I hope you get the gist of  the reference in the title...



In summer, several years ago,
two certain people whom I know
once thought they’d hire a little boat
and have a jolly time afloat
                                            and learn to row.

Our Ada , as you may have guessed,
was less than suitably impressed
by Caddoc’s wielding of the oars,
and he, when blessed with no applause,
                                           got very stressed.

“Move over Caddoc, let me try.
I’m sure I’ll make our wee craft fly!”
and Ada bent her back and rowed.
“There you see, you useless toad!
                                       I’m far more spry.”

And truly, she had got the knack,
whizzed them upstream  -  but drifted back,
which gave her arms a chance to rest,
folded across her ample chest,
                                               a noble stack!

Caddoc, meanwhile, helped her steer –
“Now, left hand down a bit just here.
That’s it keep going! You’re so strong,
you make this small craft dash along.
                                      Well done my dear!”

“ How dare you, Caddoc, sing my praises
sitting there admiring daisies!”
But Caddoc merely grinned, the loon -
for, don’t we know, he’s the one whom
                                           nothing phases?

13 comments:

  1. = ) Thanks for this... it's always a treat to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the smiles...clever write...as always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like theyve a good recipe for long term marital harmony, Trell !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb write. Clever and very amusing. I really enjoyed my chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this form! Very amusing tale. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!'Left hand down a bit' is straight from 'The Navy Lark', is it not? Oh, the delights of the old BBC...I'm glad the Trellis household have shown their knowledge of ancient radio programmes...
    And well done Ada, for getting stuck in there. You are an inspiration to the whole of the fairer sex!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another perfect Florette. You two never cease to amaze me. I'm the rower in our house, too, even though Jock rowed for his University~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. at least they didn't fight so much that they rocked the boat into the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think he's quite a smart duffer all in all.
    rel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caddoc would probably agree with you, Rel! :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks a lot for making it fun in matrimony. You give great lessons in nursing relationships. It tells for blissful and lasting love any couple would desire. Great write Trellis!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. This is so clever and cute. I love this!

    ReplyDelete